Wednesday 13 January 2010

Day 1 in the Supersonic Chronic House [/Newcastle accent]

Ahh, the first post. The obligatory "I don't really know what to put, but I'm just testing" post.
Luckily for me, I do actually have something important to blog about today!

I went to see Dr Sam yesterday with Nathan. Part of me didn't want to go, because I knew what I was going for - Anti-depressants. I have a long history with AD's, I've been on them previously 4 or 5 times. There is a part of me that really doesn't want to get back on that road again but a bigger part of me that knows I need to. I've gone this far, a year ago I survived the destruction of my 8 year relationship after his infidelity without taking them but I know when I need the extra help and it's now.
To make things slightly more complicated he's given me a different AD than my 'usual'. My usual was 20 or 30mg of Seroxat/Paroxitine. This time I've been given 20mg of Fluoxetine, or as I understand it to be more commonly referred to as Prozac.

So here I am staring at the box, having the do I, don't I conversation in my head. If these were Seroxat I'd have popped one already and got on with it but the fear of a new tablet is stopping me.
Spent a bit of time Googling and looking on the fabulous LJ community that is TLL but well, everyone has different reactions don't they? What happens to them might not necessarily happen to me.
So, in the mean time while I find the balls I'm supposed to use to get them down me they shall sit on my desk and taunt me, even with an empty packet of Walkers Crisps on top of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment