As today is ME/CFS awareness day I thought I would spread the word again and have linked last years post.
For today I thought I would update a year on.
Thankfully I have lots of postive things to add to the list!
In a short and sweet nutshell:
- I was awarded DLA at appeal. High Rate Mobility and Low Rate Care for 2 years
- My ESA was renewed with no problems and no medical for 18 months
- I got my Blue Badge from the council with no questions asked, common sense does prevail
- I have been put in contact with the social care team and now have various equipment in my house to make life easier
- Nathan proposed to me!! (Yes, I did say yes lol)
- Currently at the time of this posting I am doing slightly better than this time last year. Small improvements like getting out a bit more and being more independent with the help of my home equipment. I'm still FAR from healthy but it's the small things that make a difference to me
- I'm getting my own wheelchair so I can get out more/stay out longer free of charge from the Red Cross on a long term loan basis
- Charlotte is now getting some well deserved respite from the Young Carers Association, they have been wonderful to her, her case worker Jo is one amazing young lady.
There have been other knockbacks. I had a bout of glandular fever, a DVT and have now developed IBS (which is BAD at the moment) but meh, let's keep this post positive eh?
I'll try to keep this blog updated much more, there are lots of new things on the horizon this year and it's good for me to share and track, I apologise for being such a slacker on the blog front.